Thursday 15 December 2016

Tie Fighter Texturing


This is my fully textured tie fighter for my star wars animation. I got the color scheme from the image above. I feel as if this model has come out exactly how I wanted it to with the window texture and the bump mapping on the winds, although when creating the wings material I struggled to get the bump mapping working as when I put the material on top the model didn't want to display it even when I rendered the scene. For creating the bump mapping I took the image above and used Photoshop to edit it. I then applied it to the material on the wings and moved it to the right place using the UV editor. From this I can see that creating textures for a model can take a while to do and can require a trained eye to notice differences and that you can get a good looking models without fancy textures but with even basic colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment