Sunday 11 December 2016

Skybox Exercise

 In this Exercise I had to create a sky box in Maya. I did this by first creating a sphere and deleting the bottom half of faces. I then proceeded to add a few more divisions to the object. I then used the mesh display, reverse tool to set the normals of the object from the outside to the inside of the object so the textures would display on the inside. I then create a new material and added the surface shader material type to it so that it wouldn't interact with any light sources or cause any shadows. I then went and added the sky box file to the material creating the sky. I find this to be very useful and easy to do as your able to create the entire area your animation will be set in very quickly, and after using these tools I will be able to create my sky box in my star wars animation allowing there to be an enviroment that the animation plays in.

No comments:

Post a Comment