Sunday 11 December 2016

Bouncing Ball Exercise

In this exercise I had to create a animation of a ball bouncing from this diagram.
To start creating this animation I first created a sphere. I then used the Bezier curve tool to create the curved motion path the ball moves along. after doing this I attached the ball to the motion path by going into animation mode and going to constrain/ motion path which automatically attached the sphere to the motion path and animated it. I then went in to each fram manipulating the sphere so it would get the different shape as if it was bouncing.


I found this task fairly easy to accomplish without any problems. I can see that maya is very useful in automatically creating animations along motion paths and that this will benefit me a lot in creating my animation. I have also seen that by editing the animation frame by frame by using key frames that it can become a long procedure to do depending on the quality and length of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment