Tuesday 25 October 2016

Derelict Map Exercise

This exercise was to draw out a plan for a derelict area and then create it using the tools in Maya.
This drawing shows the objects that will be in my map and where they will be placed.
This Is the finished map. I made this by using the multi-cut tool and connect tool to add more edges and vertexes to my objects I then used the extrude tool to push back and pull out different parts for example the windows on the buildings are pushed backwards to make the window bars, and the rings around the barrels are pulled out. I also used the bridge to to create the plane carriage. I did this by first deleting half of the each end faces and then selecting each edge and selecting the bridge tool which generates the surface in between them. I found this easy to do without any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment