Tuesday 25 October 2016

3D Modelling House Exercise


I have been tasked to create a 3D house using Maya and the tutorial provided. To create the House I started by creating a cube and moving it to the size I wanted. I then added divisions to the front face of the cube to create 3 different faces. I then extruded the left and right faces of the front face to create to more cubes. after doing so I selected all the side faces of the cubes and added divisions to divide them Into 3. after doing so I added more divisions to separate the window faces, I then extruded them to create an indent. I then added divisions to those window faces to create a 3x3 grid. I then manipulated the edges and extruded them to create the window bars. I then added edges to the roof of the house and pulled them upwards to create the roof.
From doing this exercise I have learnt how to connect edges and add divisions to my objects and extrude them to create a more advanced shape. These processes will be key to creating all my models in my animation allowing me to create the right shapes from primitives and to allow me to add details to my models. I found this easy to accomplish using the tools available as the majority of the work was aligning edges and vertices and connecting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment